Wednesday, October 31, 2012

24 hour nocturnal girl.



24 hour nocturnal girl.
grace gutekanst

I'm in the wrong mood to be writing a poem.
The wrong mood.
I want to rip my skin off
A puddle on the floor
Just a skeleton of bones
Curling up in a hole
Leave me alone.
Let me crack my head and ooze information 
Let my mind revert to a child's
Let my fingernails peel off like worn tape
Today I don't feel like being me
Tomorrow might be different

But for now
let me be raw and solemn

To make my mouth move
I'd need a million little strings
sewn to my upper lip
like a curtain to a play
Right now I'm dark, closed
and the show hasn't started
The amount of energy to tug at the strings
my lazy lips-

I can't even finish my thoughts.

Maybe my body is still asleep
My walking unconscious
Let me be a zombie today
Let my arms lay limp
Let my eyes glaze over
Let my face freeze in time
Let my spine have a break
from holding up my persona

Preserve my heart until tomorrow
My interior is wilting
Collapsing strength
Let my body break down
Put the factory on hold
Let pumping blood turn stale

I don't want to confine
Or define
Just release
Float me out to sea
Unraveling intestines
A drifting corpse
Cut open and cold
Come Wednesday I'll be re-sewn
To read this poem
But for now...
Postpone surgery on my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment