Monday, December 17, 2012

What's your choice?


I hear train tracks gargle metal
the smell of traveling food heated,
doused with sauce to hide what's inside
I glance at people who don't talk 
And one's dressed up,
catering to their equals, 
so they can afford to live
I feel myself uncontrollably moving 
cold air rushing to my calves
Navy blue curtains sway 
Old tea stains on paper placecloths
Squeaks emerge in-tune with the random bumps 
but hardly noticable anymore
Up ahead I read an exit sign,
a green graphic person

But who would escape?
We are moving
Fast pace 
Fast enough to die from an exit escape
So if something were to really happen
We either die inside
or risk dying on our own outside
I guess it just depends on what type of passenger you are

But most of them are asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment