Thursday, September 6, 2012

Charlotte to Toronto: The start of my journey to Ireland

Charlotte Airport bloggin' it out.  My mom, dad, and sister followed me as far as they could while making faces, laughing, then crying, trying to embarrass me, and multiple hugs.  
I made it through the security line. phew.
A1 was where I was headed to go from Charlotte to Toronto!  You can't get a better flight than a flight full of Canadians. Fact.  
While waiting, there was only one seat left next to an Indian guy in his mid 20s.  I watched because I've been a creeper for most of my adolescence.  The Indian guy, with a dot not a feather, proceeded to pull out cologne out of a tiny box with a delicate ribbon.  Then... he sprays himself   BUT... not once, not twice, but six! Yes six times!  I like to think he was trying to impress me because he turned at me with a slightly creepy smile, but that might just be me trying to feed my ego, but let's go with it.  
(I like how I write as if I'm talking to an audience of readers...when let's be honest it's just a sane way of talking to myself)
Anywhoo... Also while I was waiting till boarding, I was highly entertained by two little twin arab kids.  They were too freakin cute!  They were two years old and had fuzzy backpacks and were eating cheetos.  I was extremely jealous.  I held it against them when I glared. They knew.
(I am so strange what am I writing.  Oh crap I'm talking to myself again)


I had a plane seat next to the window with an empty seat beside me and a hot British guy in front of me. Winning.  

I love Toronto, Canada!  Everyone smiles.  Also the hot British guy talked to me and asked me where I was going.  I told him Ireland and he said too bad because he's going to London.  (I quickly changed my flight to London.  Kidding. You guys are so gullible.  And by you guys I mean the other voices in my head).

I'll never see him again.
(because he died in a plane crash)
(I'm lying again... I just most likely will never see him again)

I had to wait an hour until boarding my flight from Toronto to Dublin.  But...there were huge TVs everywhere in the Toronto airport.  I might decide to live here.  In the airport that is.  I was watching a mastercard commercial that was all in french but the news is in english=Best of both worlds.  I think Canada took the best of it's favorite countries and then tried to go unnoticed so it would stay a special secret.  

And then on the news was a ripped sexy Canadian black guy with his shirt off and dreds breakdancing in the streets of Toronto.  I'm in love with Canada.  If American news was like this, I would watch the news more often.  

A guy next to me is reading his kindle and the whole thing is in chinese symbols!
CRazY awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment